Operation: Infinite Potential introduces students to leading scientists and lets them explore past, current, and future challenges of energy generation, storage, and consumption. Students will learn to analyze emerging technologies designed to meet the needs of an energy-hungry planet.
Operation: Infinite Potential includes interactive games, high quality videos, and immersive missions that not only teach key science concepts, but also asks students to make predictions, take actions to prepare, and measure the outcomes of their choices. Students will also connect with scientists from NOAA, the National Energy Technology Laboratory, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, and National Geographic to:
- Determine whether an earthquake’s energy could transform into a tsunami
- Develop a plan for providing energy to an area struck by a natural disaster
- Propose a plan to responsibly use 400 years of stored coal
- Address a large power outage and work to restore power
- Design an energy-efficient module that will allow humans to live in outer space
Appropriate Grade Levels:
Innovatively designed to be appropriate for upper elementary, middle school, and high school levels. Rigorously aligned to national and state science standards as well as mathematics, social studies, and English language arts standards, and national curriculum standards including NCTM, IB, and ISTE.