These resources provide background information on phubbing that will help you build your app.
The dangers of phubbing:
- Use this resource to learn how phubbing can have negative effects on our relationships.
- Use these resources to learn about smartphone addiction and "nomophobia,"; the fear of being unable to use your smartphone.
- Use this resource to learn about the dangers of smartphone addiction to our physical and mental health.
Apps that help people manage their smartphone use:
Use these resources to learn how other companies are trying to help users manage their smartphone use through data and feedback. As you explore these apps, think about what each data representation shows and hides about smartphone use.
- Apple Screen Time: https://support.apple.com/guide/iphone/set-screen-time-allowances-and-limits-iph9b66575d5/ios
- Flipd: https://www.flipdapp.co/
- Glued: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yReX11Vkas
- Moment: https://inthemoment.io/
Building and designing your app:
- Use this resource to learn about the steps involved in building and designing an app.
Turning your app into a business:
- Use this resource to learn about the expenses that go along with developing an app.
- Use this resource to learn how businesses make money from their apps.