Connect with scientists from the Nautilus Exploration Program, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, and Oak Ridge National Laboratory to learn about:
- Physical and chemical properties of water
- Features of the ocean floor
- Global winds and ocean currents
- Earth’s energy budget
- The greenhouse effect
- Climate and climate zones
- Natural and human causes of climate change
Track drifting buoys to gather ocean data and see how scientists use sophisticated computer-modeling systems to predict the effects of climate change.
Make connections to understand how Earth’s ocean and climate are interrelated.