BASE PRODUCT = $300/yr
- 1-year subscription for educator and their students (up to 30)
- 1 x 60-minute Professional Development session that provides an overview of the curriculum
BASE + ADVANCED CERTIFICATE ADD-ON = $300/yr + $150 one-time ($450 total)
- BASE items above plus…
- 2 x 90-minute synchronous Professional Development sessions
- Asynchronous work & facilitation/review from a JASON Early Childhood expert
- BONUS: Obtaining this JASON option also unlocks the option for the attendee to register and pay for credit with Lesley College, assuming they complete the work for this certificate.
Introduction – STEM and Bloom Guidance for Guides
Lesson 1 – Just the Right Space
How much space do you need? How about a tiny animal or plant? Let’s look at the places that living things call home.
Lesson 2 – Drop by Drop
Water, water, everywhere! Explore the properties of water and how they affect living things.
Lesson 3 – Sunny Daze
Sunlight makes a big difference. Compare the living things found in sunny and shaded places.
Lesson 4 – Color Counts
Do you think the colors affect the pollinators that seek them? Examine the various colors of plants around you.
Lesson 5 – Dirty Work
What is soil made of? What happens when it gets wet? Investigate the science of soil!
Lesson 6 – Engineering a Garden
What kind of garden would you design? Use the knowledge you’ve gained to design a themed garden.
Lesson 7 – Seeding New Spaces
How do seeds get to a new place where they can grow? Investigate the ways that seeds travel from their parents.