As Earth Day approaches, people are looking for ways to celebrate and learn more about our planet. JASON Learning is an excellent resource for anyone interested in engaging in Earth Day activities. JASON Learning (JASON) is a nonprofit organization that provides online educational resources and programs to inspire and educate students about science and the environment.
Here are three ways you can use JASON for Earth Day activities:
- Participate in citizen science projects: JASON partners with various organizations to offer “community challenges,” in which students can collect data and develop a solution to an issue affecting their community. These projects include recycling, collecting microplastics, and designing a product that brings new life to waste materials.
- Watch career pathway videos: JASON has a vast library of educational videos that cover various topics related to the environment, including climate change, renewable energy, and conservation. These videos are an excellent resource for students and teachers looking to learn more about the world around them.
- Engage in hands-on activities: JASON provides a variety of hands-on activities that students can do to learn about the environment, including building solar ovens, creating compost, and designing wind turbines. These activities are a great way to get students involved in Earth Day activities and to learn about sustainability.
JASON is an excellent resource for anyone looking to engage in Earth Day activities. Whether you are a student, teacher, or someone interested in learning more about the environment, JASON has something for everyone. Here is a list of JASON’s Earth Day related curriculum units:
- Early Childhood: Ecology, Physical & Earth Science
- Design & Pitch Challenges in STEM: Power Me Up, Reduce Reuse Repurpose
- Tectonic Fury: Minerals, Rock Cycle, WED, Tectonic Plates
- Infinite Potential: Energy Types, Transfers & Efficiency
- Monster Storms: Severe Storm Science & Preparation
- Climate-Seas of Change: Ocean Systems, Climate, Models
- Resilient Planet: Ecology, Biodiversity, Invasive Species
- VIMS – Marine Science: Microplastics
- ISRI Recycling Collection: K-4, 5-8, & 9-12 Activities
- Immersion Learning: Ocean-Themed STEAM K-8 activities
- World of Waves: Explore Water, Sound, and Light
- Next Breath: Pathways to Clearer, Cleaner Future
By using JASON, we can all work together to protect and preserve our planet for future generations.